International nationals from a nation outside the EEA and/or EFTA, who intend to stay static in Iceland for over three (3) months, will need to have a legitimate residence license.
Residence permits on grounds of cohabitation or marriage are provided on grounds of Art. 70 of this Act on Foreigners no. 80/2016.
A residence license is issued to a specific planning to relocate to Iceland to reside with his/her spouse or cohabiting partner in Iceland. The necessity is the fact that the spouse or cohabiting partner is an Icelandic or a Scandinavian resident, a international resident keeping a permanent residence license or a short-term residence license on grounds of work requiring qualified expertise, for athletes, for moms and dads, on grounds of worldwide security, humanitarian grounds, unique link with Iceland or higher level studies.
Particular unique needs use regarding family members reunification for those who hold a residence permit in Iceland on grounds of international security, humanitarian grounds, unique connection or even a residence license as a moms and dad. The partner or cohabitant regarding the applicant who is applicable for reunification in Iceland will need to have worked or examined in Iceland in appropriate stay going back four (4) years before submitting a software (unless an exemption is applicable).
You could have a right up to a residence license as being a partner or cohabiting partner if all the following demands are met, in addition to other people
- You may be over the age of 18 years,
- you had been 18 years old or older when you married or entered cohabiting partnership,
- you may be hitched or have been around in cohabiting partnership for longer than one (1) year,
- you have got a spouse or cohabiting partner who lives in Iceland and it is an Icelandic or Scandinavian citizen, or perhaps a international resident keeping a permanent residence permit or even a foreign resident remaining in Iceland on grounds of the residence license as previously mentioned above,
- the wedding satisfies what’s needed for enrollment based on the legislation regarding domicile,
- you should have a home that is permanent exactly the same location as your better half or your cohabiting partner,
- you’ll show during your stay that you are able to provide for yourself,
- you have got a legitimate insurance by having an Icelandic insurance carrier (within the industry insurance vendors) or an international insurance provider authorized to use in Iceland (within the industry Foreign Insurance Companies),
- you’ve got perhaps maybe maybe not offered a sentence that is criminal over the past five (5) years or been sentenced with a court of legislation for the offense which may be punishable by a lot more than three (3) months imprisonment in accordance with Icelandic legislation, and
- your partner is not sentenced with a court of law or been susceptible to general public safety precautions the past five (5) years (unless an exemption is applicable), and
- the partner that is spouse//cohabiting Iceland consents towards the license being given.
You may perhaps maybe not
- have married or perhaps a partner that is cohabiting convenience purposes (for example. for any other reasons than being using your partner, for instance, truly the only function being to have a residence permit in Iceland),
- are typically in cohabiting partnership for under one (1) 12 months in the event that you make an application for a cohabiting partnership permit,
- begin working until a residence and work license happens to be provided, you do not have to apply for a work permit (please note that a cohabiting partner of an Icelandic citizen may not start to work before his/her residence permit has been granted) unless you are the spouse or cohabiting partner of an Icelandic citizen, in which case,
- work with a manager aside from usually the one upon which the job license is dependent, and
- stay static in another nation more than three (3) months in just about every 12-month amount of the residence license duration; otherwise the residence license could be terminated or revoked.
A software for the residence and work license and documents that are supporting be submitted to your Directorate of Immigration or at the workplaces associated with region commissioners not in the Reykjavнk Metropolitan region.
Remember that various guidelines may connect with a license to remain whenever a software is submitted even though it really is being prepared. Partners and cohabiting lovers might be in Iceland whenever a credit card applicatoin is submitted if they base their close to someone who falls beneath the groups above except a spouse/cohabiting partner of the pupil if she or he is needed to have visa. See information that is further the part on liberties which are connected to the license.
If a job candidate will not satisfy these needs as well as the requirements talked about below, the application form for a residence permit will be refused plus the applicant must keep Iceland. A job candidate would you perhaps maybe maybe not keep the national nation can be at the mercy of expulsion or an entry ban. An entry ban can be an entry ban in to the Schengen region for a period that is specific of or even for two (2) years as the very least.
The applicant is in charge of trying to get renewal of his/her residence allow at least four (4) months prior to the credibility associated with the license expires. Should this be done, the applicant is allowed in which to stay Iceland although the application for renewal will be prepared because of the Directorate of Immigration. In cases where a renewal of the residence license is certainly not sent applications for prior to the amount of legitimacy expires, the program is going to be managed as though this had been a very first license, perhaps perhaps not renewal. A credit card applicatoin received following the permit that is previous expired will likely be refused in the event that applicant doesn’t have a license in which to stay Iceland even though the application has been prepared.
Further on a residence permit for a spouse and partner that is cohabiting
Legal rights connected to the license
Application for a permit that is first
Liberties connected to the license
- The partner or a partner that is cohabiting maintain Iceland whenever trying to get a residence license and even though it really is being prepared, except the spouse and cohabiting partner of the pupil that is necessary to have visa. A job candidate that is expected to have visa and that is abroad whenever trying to get a residence permit cannot arrive at Iceland before the residence license happens to be provided.
- The partner or cohabiting partner of an citizen that is icelandic authorized to function with no work license in Iceland. Spouses of Icelandic residents can start to your workplace the moment they usually have submitted a credit card applicatoin for a residence license however a partner that is cohabiting maybe maybe not begin working ahead of the residence license was given. Other candidates must make an application for an ongoing work license when they plan to operate in Iceland and may even perhaps perhaps perhaps not start working until a residence and work license happens to be issued.
- A residence license is typically issued for just one (1) year at any given time, but, two (2) years as being a optimum. The license credibility might nonetheless never surpass the legitimacy amount of the spouse/cohabiting partner‘s license.
- A residence license could be renewed for find a latin wife just two (2) years as being a optimum, offered certain requirements for the permit will always be met, nonetheless, the license may never ever be legitimate more compared to the license of the individual upon that the applicant bases his/her right.
- A right is provided by the residence permit to family members reunification. A residence license might be reproduced for on grounds of household reunification for:
- the applicant’s kids beneath the chronilogical age of 18 in the event that applicant has custody of these;
- the moms and dads of a job candidate if the moms and dads are 67 years old or older (doesn’t connect with pupils).
- The residence license can be a foundation of a permanent residence license.
- The partner of an citizen that is icelandic have the ability to Icelandic citizenship after three (3) several years of located in Iceland after marriage, supplied specific other demands are met. One requirement is the fact that partner has received Icelandic citizenship for at the very least five (5) years.
- A cohabiting partner of a Icelandic resident may have the best to Icelandic citizenship after five (5) several years of staying in Iceland following the formal enrollment of cohabitation, provided other demands are met. One requirement is the fact that partner has received Icelandic citizenship for at the very least five (5) years.